I was born and raised in Wisconsin (Go Packers!) and moved to NC right out of college after graduating from UW-Eau Claire with a marketing degree and accounting minor. My husband, Mark, is a transplant as well, and has worked in RTP upon moving down from NY many years ago. We have two active boys who have attended both public and private schools. Our oldest son is living in New York City after receiving his Masters of Finance from Vanderbilt University & his BS from NCSU. Our youngest son graduated from NCSU and is currently studying to receive his Masters of Finance from Vanderbilt University. Having lived in both Cary and Raleigh for the last 32 years, I am fortunate to have experienced the growth, and am extremely confident and familiar with the Wake County real estate market.
I worked for Brady Company in sales for over 13 years before taking time off to care for my family while our boys were young and growing. After re-entering the workforce, I worked as a pharmaceutical sales rep. After only 1 ½ years I was brought into the office to be their corporate sales trainer training new & seasoned sales reps & corporate marketing executives. With more than 20+ years in sales or sales training, Colleen is a master of negotiating and is a life-long learner of sales skills.
For almost 30 years I have had my NC Real Estate License. I worked for another real estate firm for 10 years prior to opening Blondell Properties in 2016. Expanding on my previous real estate knowledge, starting Blondell Properties has provided me the opportunity to work with Buyers & Sellers, and their variety of real estate needs. You will receive the best client care from our team, whether you are buying your first home, last home, investment property or if you are selling your home, or selling a home that’s part of an estate. Our team will customize your experience to meet your needs, provide you maximum exposure to the Triangle Market Area using traditional methods, plus we take advantage of our national outreach through the Buffini sales group which we are deeply connected.
In addition to working with clients to buy / sell homes, I support the Real Estate industry by serving on several boards, being a leader, and helping to raise funds.
- NC Association of Realtors (NCAR)
- Forms Committee – This hand selected group meets monthly. We are responsible for reviewing, discussing, updating, and making suggestions to improve all NC forms used during residential real estate transactions
- Raleigh Regional Association of Realtors (RRAR)
- Leadership Academy – 1 of 16 Realtors selected among thousands of prestigious agents to participate in the Raleigh Association of Realtors “Leadership Academy”. The Leadership Academy is a yearlong program teaching essential skills on leadership roles in the industry and in the community
- Government Affairs Committee board member – reach out to private business, political organizations & government officials & staff to make recommendations on pressing issues facing the community.
- Grievance and Professional Standards Committee – we hear matters & issues of alleged unethical conduct by realtors and decide if arbitration is required.
- Small Brokers Council- Vice Chair and Membership 2020
- Board of Directors for Realtor Foundation of Wake County – January 2020-December 2022 – The RFOWC is a charitable foundation started to expand Realtor involvement in our community. We partner with nonprofits that provide stable housing and healthy living services to families in the greatest of need.
- Cary Chamber of Commerce- hand selected to be part of the Leadership Academy 2019
- Success Business Networking group – Founded the Triangle chapter-meet monthly with business owners in the area
Blondell Properties supports many local non-profits including Alliance Medical Ministry, StepUP Ministry (Share the Pie), A Doorway to Hope, and Band Together NC to name a few.
I am always grateful to be surrounded by a strong team. Our “well-oiled machine”, Blondell Properties, is consistently in the Top 2% of Realtors in the Triangle area. This is due to our commitment as a Buffini Agent, the confidence, loyalty, trust, and appreciation we receive from our clients. Referrals are our number one source of new clients.
In addition to being committed to real estate, I am very active in the community and sports. My favorite love is tennis and if I’m not selling real estate you may find me on the courts. an area